Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Calendar Math... Not Just For Kindergarten

 


Okay so I teach math.  I teach math to 4th graders.  I love them, and I love the little bit of time i get in the classroom each day.  It keeps me current, it keeps me learning, and it keeps me connected with the kids in my school in the best way I know how. 

But yeah math.  Not exactly my first choice to teach, and definitely not my strength as a teacher.  But I like a challenge, and I like the chance to really streach my thinking and learning. 

I am a firm believer that if something works really well in kindergarten, it can be adapted to work in upper grades, and will also work well (maybe better... sorry kindergarten teachers & thank for being awesome i love stealing things from you!).

So here is where my idea for Calendar Math 4.0 was concieved. 
click here to see this full size
 
 
I've run this by a few people, one recommended I add in a way for kids to represent the number pictorally.  (can you see where I could put this?)  Any thoughts? Ideas? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment